A Topic Analysis of "The Nagasaki Shipping List and Advertiser"
Tomonari Masada (Sep. 4, 2012)
- Strip non-alphabetical and non-numerical characters off from the head and the tail of each word token.
- Remove stop words and the words of length one.
- Run a collapsed Gibbs sampling for Latent Dirichlet Allocation with 100 topics.
- Count the number of topic assignments for each pair of topic and word.
- Visualize the numbers with D3 bubble chart.
- Different colors of circles correspond to different topics.
- The words of the same color are often used together for expressing the same topic.
- The same word may be used for expressing more than one topics.
- A larger circle shows that the word is more often used for expressing the topic corresponding to the circle color.